Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine's Date!!!

Before kids...just the two of us
I spent the early evening into the early morning of Valentine's night cuddling with a sweet guy who has my heart!  This little guy is NOT my husband.  He is just a bit over 2 feet tall, with just enough hair to cover his sweet head, with beautiful big brown eyes and a cry that melts my heart.  This little guy is my 4 1/2 month old son, Asher. I have said and continue to say: what a blessing it is to have a little boy love his momma so much that he can only sleep if I'm right beside him with my arms wrapped around him and his hand clenched to my shirt so tight as if he's telling me that I'm the most important person in his world :) Asher is a mommy's boy!  At night he will not sleep unless I'm right beside him.  And although I view this as a blessing, I've had almost 5 months of not "real sleep", absolutely no "me" time, and definitely no time for my hubby (keep in mind, this is HIS baby as well!) Being a mommy is a sacrifice. A sacrifice that I would not trade for the world. However, other things on my priority list are tending not to happen.   I repeat, I spent Valentine's night cuddling with Asher and not my husband lol!  So, as I woke up this morning from cuddling with Asher, I woke up feeling like I was a good mother but at the same time,  I also woke up feeling like I may not have been being a good wife.  Where is the balance in all of this?  My next few posts will feature how I am going to attempt to make some changes so that I can be a GREAT wife, Great mother, and everything else in between :)  I'm going to MAKE IT HAPPEN!

After Kids...definitely more blessed, but the bed is definitely more full :)

















































































5 comments:

  1. Been there and done that! And you are the bestest Mommy & wife but I sure understand. We women have the need to do it all and leave ourselves for last. Have you heard the airplane story? You have to take care of YOU before you can take care of others. Put on the oxygen mask. I just love that story. We all get overwhelmed with "life" at some time or other. I only wish that I would have been half the mother & wife that you are now. You are good at everything you do!!!And I am loving your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Mandy! It takes a clever woman to be able to handle it all. You will set your priorities and I am sure you will make them work.
    Your blog is really clever and nice.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the most important person in his world

    LOL - well that is because "YOU ARE!" LOL
    I remember that time in my life WELL- We ALL survived & I still have a husband of 43 years & a perfect son of 28 years . I have always felt like God gave me male babies to teach me that there are wonderful guys in our world. Plus, if I treat all of the young guys with respect & consideration that a Mom would treat her sons - then the sons always treat me with love & respect also.

    You are doing such a great job , sweetie- my hat is OFF to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has a beautiful little son too~ He is 2.5 years old, and he is a mama's boy~ It will make for a really healthy young man! Enjoy and incorporate your hubby into the picture, and you will be one happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fact that your even concerned about it makes you a good wife and a good mommy :) Im so blessed to have such great friends to help encourage me as well!! cant wait to read about how to "do it all" :)

    ReplyDelete